My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Get Right With It.



<br />

We brought the Christmas tree up from downstairs tonight. It is a red tinsel tree with white lights and it is absolutely beautiful without anything on it but just the lights. We bought it last year at Wal-Mart in Blue Springs and when Terry saw it I was like, not a tinsel tree. I was having flash backs from the 1970's silver tinsel tree I had given to me 30+ years ago and it had a color wheel that you sat down under it. Never was to fond of that tree but it was given to us and did the job for what it was needed for. Christmas has always been a tough holiday for me and each year I have to make myself put up decorations but since I got my nativity scene I haven't minded it quite as much. That nativity scene reminds me what Christmas is all about!!! I shopped around for a long time until I found one that spoke to my heart. It is up tonight also right next to my chair. I would always put it under the Christmas tree but since we have the two cats, Nosey and Nosier aka Tux and Pouncer, I decided they would probably try to eat the spaghman moss on the roof and would probably knock the characters around. I could see them batting around baby Jesus and when we finally recovered him we'd find him back under the couch somewhere. We love this new laminated wood floor but things scoot across faster then the puck on an air hockey game. Lamar has scooted around the corner and landed right up against the corner of the door jam with a thud!!!

Now all I have to do is find the box we used to box up all the decorations last year. I couldn't find a one of the ornaments or other things I had up last year and don't have a clue to where we put them or what we put them in. I looked around down stairs for quite sometime. Hmmm. Going to blame it on my husband because we all know I wouldn't misplace anything!!! Anyone that is reading this that truly knows me knows that is a farse. I loose my keys, cell phone, purse...you name it, I loose it. Of course Terry puts things away and forgets where he puts it so there you go...2 peas in a pod. That's one of the many reasons we get along so well.

Went to church today. There is a collection of coats, hats, gloves, scarves, boots and on the 17th from 10-2 they are opening the doors to anyone and everyone that needs these necessities and to come in and pick them up, absolutely free.

I'm not sure if everyone that needs it will come, I know that I was in that situation one time and not sure I would have gone and got stuff. I always thought there were others worse off than I, and there were. There is always someone worse off than yourself, no matter what the situation. Anyway that is what I have always found.

I am sitting here watching the TV show 60 Minutes and Michael Buble is on. They are interviewing him and it makes me wonder if mom would have liked his music. He sings the old Frank Sinatre, Bing Crosby, and various other classics. He is a crooner that has a Rat Pack type of sound. I believe she would have enjoyed his music because she loved the old Swing music. Extremely talented young man. Like my mama, I love the old swing music and the crooners. She taught me well!!!

Well, tomorrow it is time to start thinking about going back down south. As I said yesterday, I really like my new apartment but will be glad when it is time to stay home forever. Love my home and love my husband. 4 years and 9 months.

I will get back with you all tomorrow night after my Web Design class. I am looking forward to that bigtime. Even though I haven't used it much this week. I take that back, I did do the slideshow of the Quilts last week. That was fun.

Any hoots, later guys. As you are preparing the way for Christmas remember to turn toward God. I am going to be studying Matthew 1 & 2 along with Luke 1 & 2 this week. Why don't you join me???





2 comments:

  1. Dad got too sick one winter when I was young and couldn't go chop down a real tree like we always had. Mom bought a green tinsel tree and we ended up using it for a long time. Putting it up on my birthday became a tradition for us. I loved assembling that tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog brings back a lot of memories of my own Glenda, good job! And, I'll check out Matthew and Luke this week also!

    ReplyDelete