My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Poke A Hontas



<br />

Woo Hoo. I'm home for the Christmas break. I don't have to be back to Springfield until Wednesday and I am really, really looking forward to being home. When I was driving up here it snowed on me from Bolivar all the way up to Lowry City. Nothing major, just flurries but a couple of times it was coming down at a pretty good clip. Then I made it through Clinton and outside of Clinton a car passed me and it was an old beat up Taurus. Very, very dirty and you couldn't read the liscense plates because it was so dirty but the kicker was the guy had a string of Christmas lights on the inside roof all around the windows and such. Talk about in the Christmas spirit. He looked like he had probably gotten off work at one of the businesses in Clinton. It was pretty funny and did my heart good.

There was alot of traffic tonight and most of the cars were loaded down. Everyone going where ever they needed to go for Christmas. Of course it will be all over with after Sunday and thank goodness we can go on with our lives as we should. LOL.

For those of you that are unaware, A couple years ago I would go to competition bow shoots with 3 of my good friends. I wasn't good by far but enjoyed it so much. Well, met my man and got out of it. Had bigger and better fish to fry. Last fall I started shooting again (just practicing) and injured my shoulder. Like a dippity doo dah, I didn't think about releasing my tension from 40 pounds to like 25 or so, since it had been so long since I had shot. I went to the dr., then to physical therapy and finally the ortho doc and he said I had a frozen shoulder. Got a cortozone shot (ouch) and he said come back in 6 months and get another one. Well, I don't do well with going back, especially that long of a time.

I was talking to my co-worker who runs in marathons and one time hurt her hip. She recommended a massage therapists that works on sports injuries there in Springfield. Can I say OMG. I feel so much better. I should of went to her a year ago. She told me it would do me good to get back into shooting but be sure and have someone release my tension. This weekend I plan to get in touch with a couple of my friends and see if they can do that for me. I have so wanted to get back into shooting again and am excited about it all. It's fun and it is so relaxing to shoot. I don't care what anyone says, its an art.

Well, going to head to the ole bed. As always I wait until the evening to write and get tired. talk to you guys again tomorrow.



2 comments:

  1. I always wanted to be an Indian when I was growing up. Cowboys and Indians, I was the Indian. I was always making homemade bows when I was little and then when I was about 10 I bought my first recurve bow with my own money. It was just 20 pound pull but that was good enough for me at that age. I bought some target arrows and then it was practice, practice, practice. I got pretty good with it. I wasn't interested in shooting anything other than targets but I would do that from all kinds of distances and angles. Only time I ever shot competition was in college in intramural sports. I hadn't shot for several years. I just used one of the provided bows and still came in 3rd out of around 60 contestants. I haven't shot one since. It is definitely an art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, bow shooting! You are a woman of all trades...smiles...! I am so happy for you that you are off work for awhile, it always does the heart good...have a great holiday and Christmas!

    ReplyDelete