My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Monday, December 19, 2011



<br />

Went to Joplin again today. Had two new Syphilis cases and can I say grrrr. Not sure if it is the weather, Christmas coming up or the fact that these two guys were sluts and didn't really care one way or the other if they had syphilis. I'm like okay, I drive over an hour down there and over an hour back and you two are royal jerks. Oh well, not everyone on my caseload are worth the 2 cents I get paid to do this job!!! It's okay.

Talked to both boys today. When Josh was a little boy (around 10) I got him a guitar. His daddy plays guitar and I thought this would be good for when he went down to his dad's on the weekends. They could play together and maybe he could learn from his dad. I even paid to have guitar lessons for Josh. I couldn't get him interested in band or choir in school but thought this would be good. It lasted a while but he tired of it so we set it on the backburner. A couple years ago he wanted to get back into playing the guitar and I asked him what happened to the nice guitar I had bought him. Grrrr. Another sore subject. He'd pawned it when he was in college, imagine that. Sure we needed a six pack of beer or something so I told him he was going to have to buy him his own and he did. There is a really nice guitar shop in Harrisonville where the guy has new and used guitars and Josh bought a really nice one, taking up lessons again.

He has a friend over in Holden that they just sit around and pick all day long. He said the other day that they played for 6 hours. I so enjoy listening to him play, he plays alot of blues, country and music he grew up with which is music I played on the radio and CD's, Creedance, Allman Brothers and such. You get the drift. Anyway he told me tonight that he was going to put his guitar in the shop over in Holden. There's a really nice guitar shop there too where I bought his first guitar. I am so proud of him and so proud when he uses that energy toward something productive like that.

Brandon texted me today too and I just called his dad to give him the good news. He is pulling another 4.0 and only one more semester and will have his Masters. That young man is so amazing and we are so proud of him!!! When he texted me I texted back and said, "Rock on!!! You are awesome, I don't care what Lamar says about you!!!" LOL. I don't know which boy I am prouder of, him or Josh. They both are pretty awesome young men.

I am proud of Brandon's brother Josh too. It seems he's getting his life together too. Life has dealt him a pretty bad hand but of course some of his problems were self inflicted but he realizes his mistakes and is working at making them better. He seems to have a really awesome lady in his life that seems to be very stable and I hope so for him. Madison is very happy with her and she seems to be so good to her. They will be getting married next summer and I can't wait. I pray for each of the boys that God will watch over them and help them. It seems to be working but we all know how that can work.

Welp, it's getting late again. Went to the WebDesign class again tonight. If nothing else it gets me exposure to the language and how to do various things to make the page look awesome. We'll see how things work out. Every once in a while I do something cool on here but haven't for a while. Oh well.

Talk to you guys again tomorrow night. Good night everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Your boys sound so dedicated, raising two boys ourselves, we had our hearts and money trod on so much but finally they turned into good productive men with families...good blog Glenda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes a person feel good when their children are doing good. All three of Paula and mine are doing really good now. That has not always been the case. Have to keep the fingers crossed that it stays on the same course. :)

    ReplyDelete