Today is the day that I married my best friend and we have had the best year anyone could ask for!!! The year before when we were getting to know each other hasn't been to shabby either. When I got home this evening I ran though the house, having to pee so bad. I stopped in Springfield before I left town and got me a Route 44 Diet Limeade at Sonic. I drank the entire thing and by the time I got half way through my 2 hour drive I had to go to the bathroom but kept thinking I'll stop at the next town. Then the closer I got to Harrisonville the more I thought I could wait until I got home. By the time I got home my eyes were floating and I ran though the house and said in my best Forrest Gump imitation "I gotta payee" Then when I came back into the living room I saw it, as big as Ike. My husband had bought me roses for our anniversary. It made me tear up, I've never had anyone buy me roses. He is a super man and very, very considerate. And has to have one of the most beautiful tenor voices I have ever heard and love, love, love to hear him serenade me. He said his dad had a beautiful singing voice and would always sing Bing Crosby tunes and I told him it couldn't be any clearer and beautiful then his. He said it was but I still don't know.
With that all said I cannot wait to see what the following years has to offer to me. I'm very lucky and I know it. It's not like I have always been that lucky but finally the tables have turned to my favor.
Anyway, today at work was just like all the others. Before I left for the day I took my desk calendar and replaced it with my new 2012 calendar. Then over Christmas I bought a calendar for my wall at work. It is a garden calendar and has beautiful garden pictures on it. What was the first thing I did when I took the cellophane wrapper off the outside of the calendar. I turned straight to my birthday month to see what picture they put in there. I do that every year, then I looked at Josh, Brandon's, Terry's and Madison's birthday months. Then I thumbed through to see what day of the week everyone's birthdays fall on and then last but not least I checked out the holidays. I do that every year when I get a new calendar. Is this wierd or does everyone else do the same thing??? When shopping for a calendar I will even look on the back of it and see what picture is on my birthday month. LOL.
We went out and ate at the little restaurant here in town. The name is Donna's Diner and her grilled tenderloins are the bomb. Josh came up and was going to buy for us but I told him no, to save his money. Being Josh and being a kid he turned it over to us. We went out last night and ate too and told him Brandon bought. LOL. We were pulling his leg and it is always fun to do so. With both of them.
This weekend I always worry about all that are out drinking. It is so dangerous and makes a mother worry. Like I said when Josh was younger I use to pray to God when he left to go out and Praise God when he came home fine. I still do the same and think as a mother we all probably do for some reason or another.
Well, tomorrow I have to go shopping and see if I can find something to wear to a wedding in Springfield. The invitations said formal attire so I am going to see what I can find. I saw some really nice things when I went shopping last weekend. Should have gotten my hair colored and trimmed before now but am going to see if I can get into any beautician in Springfield next week. It's tough trying to be beautiful!!! I do like "cleaning up" though. Especially when you have such a handsome man on your side. :o)
I will talk to you guys tomorrow. Take care of yourselves.
What a beautiful Carol King song, love it...sounds like you had a good anniversary and with a seranador! Happy tomorrow! Safe holidays!
ReplyDeleteI bet those roses cost more than a dollar. :) Formal? Formal for me is my clean jeans, good t-shirt and my good tennis shoes. LOL Seriously though, I am so very happy for you that you have found somebody that is really good to you! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!
ReplyDelete