Sometimes it is necessary to limit or eliminate your contact with certain individuals who bring you more misery than peace and do not reflect or allow you to be the person that you truly are or aspire to become. Instead, surround yourself with positive thinkers who are not always creating drama. Choose people who make your day brighter simply by being around them. Find those who you admire; you are proud to know; and who support, motivate and encourage you to grow.
I found this today on Facebook and posted it on my wall. There are a lot of good inspirational pieces on there and so many of them hit close to home. We all need to remember this through our walk in life and be a positive influence on everyone we come across. Those that are negative, we need to walk away and not look back, looking toward the positives in our lives.
As I was looking at this quote I was like, hmmm I could do that vine with the daisy's on it. I always wished that I had been given the opportunity to take art in high school but our art teacher moved my 8th grade year and we had to be like Freshman to take High School Art. Of course Lowry City being such a small school they didn't rehire an art teacher. I was able though to take Creative Writing class and loved that class with a passion. I've taken various art classes through the years but never really did much with it. Friends that see my doodling say I am quite the artist and I'm like WHATEVER!!! Do enjoy the arsty fartsy stuff though.
My day was awesome. When I left home to come down here I stopped off and saw my son. He is so Josh, that is all I can say about him. Love him to death and he loves me. Sometimes I think I may have been to close with him but really I haven't. We have a bond that no one will ever be able to take away from us, I'm mom and I always will be. Love my baby boy!!!
Then after I finished there I ran over to my friend Sarah's house. She is my mentor with this Mary Kay stuff. She motivated me and made me feel pretty good about it. She has a little girl that turned 1 this weekend and that Riley Joy is the cutest of the cutest. She always has a smile on her face and when I looked down at her she had a smile from ear to ear and never quite. Adorable, can't wait for grandbabies, I love them babies. Sarah, as I said, made me feel pretty good and then I left her house and headed to my friend Gloria's. I had some Mary Kay for her. She has moved out in the country and it has to be one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. I loved it and she is going to have me coming by a lot more!!! The scenery across the lake is something else. She is going to have a party for me Sunday so I plan to get some awesome pics and will post the scenery!!!
Went out to eat when I got down here tonight and went to Ruby Tuesdays!!! They have the best fish and I ordered the Herb Crusted Talipia but the Cajun Talipia looked fantastic. May order that next time, I do have to say Ruby Tuesday is one of my favorite chain restaurant's. I love their salad bar too. I go weigh in tomorrow at WW so we'll see how I did. Hope good, was going to work out tonight but have a small headache. Oh well, I'll take it the best I can.
Tornado warnings and flash flood warnings are out and about tonight in this neck of the woods. Hoping it just rains. Got a lot last night. Going to head off here and will write more tomorrow, maybe. Terry is coming down to stay a couple days with us, guess I said that last night, anyway might not write as much tomorrow night. But will post.



Cheerful, gracious, and common sense is what you are. I so think that you uplift many people Glenda. Keep it coming on!
ReplyDeleteThanks Paula
DeleteOh...I see...Terry is coming down so you won't be blogging as much. HUMPH! Just kidding. Enjoy your time together and whatever amount of blogging you can do the rest of us will still enjoy. Time with family is so very important! We found out today that one of our co-workers, that had to go on long term disability because of uncurable cancer, passed away Sunday. He lasted 2 years longer than expected although his quality of life was not real good. You just never know what it coming down the pike. Can't live our life worrying about something like that happening but we should enjoy our loved ones to the fullest so we will have no regrets when the time does come.
ReplyDeleteOh, don't worry. I'll probably still blog. Like it stops me on the weekends and he's mainly coming down because he doesn't get to see Brandon that much!!! With your co-worker I am so sorry. I had a friend that I use to work with and she was awesome. She was diagnosed with cancer and the Dr. told her probably not even a year. She told me she didn't buy a new winter coat because of the dr. diagnosis. Then the following year the Dr. gave her the same diagnosis and still no new winter coat. The following year she told the Dr. to cram it and went out and bought herself a new winter coat. Gladys died that January but she brought a smile on all our faces. You are so right John, we don't know when our time will come and enjoy life to the fullest because it might be the last breath we take. I miss Gladys and so do my other friends that worked with her. She was something else!!!
Delete