My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Saturday, April 7, 2012



Well, had a really nice day even though my right leg and foot is killing me!!! I sit here wishing I had of listened to mom when she'd tell me to take care of my body because at sometime in your life it is going to pay you back. Temperature and barometric pressure fluctuates and so does my aches and pains from previous injuries. Of course I was pretty tough on this old body in the day and try hard to take better care of it now. I bought some Tylenol arthritis and it didn't really help. Guess it's not really arthritis or that I need something stronger. Okay, done complaining. I just praise God I'm not crippled up with it like some are so go on with life and say so be it.

Had a good day like I said. Ran and did a little shopping by myself. I do so much better that way sometimes. I am looking for a light weight black blazer and didn't realize how hard that is. Oh well. I did pick up an adorable crocheted blazer. I just love the crocheted jackets and vest they have out now. Wish I could afford everyone I see that I love. That and hats and accessories are my down fall.

Terry and Josh told me that they are going to go to church with me tomorrow. At least I can get them there on Easter, if no other day of the year. I could probably get them more if I would hassel them into it but I don't work like that. I gave Brandon a hard time about it earlier but I'm not going to ride him hard on it either. I am sure Martha, his other family, has tried also. Everytime he gives me a hard time about something I tease him telling him I am going to tell Martha. He's like, no don't. It's funny.

When I walked out of Wal-Mart today there were two tents set up outside the doors. Not in front of the doors but to the side. B.A.C.A. donations. Anyone that doesn't know what that is it is Bikers Against Child Abuse. A wonderful organizations and one of those that I have not a problem donating too. It is one of the charities I believe in 100%. They handed out information about their organizations and this one was called the Osage Valley Chapter out of Butler MO. Some of the Stats that they handed out was 1 in every 3 girls will be sexually molested before the age of 18 and 1 in every 6 boys the same. Every 10 seconds a child is abused, raped, or killed in the US. 80% of the prepetrators are parents and 71% of child sex offenders are under the age of 35. The typical child sex offender molests an average of 117 children. My heart just cries for these young lives.

I posted in a blog awhile back about a place in the Ozarks where I went to talk to these 13-17 year old girls at a court appointed facility about STDs and one little timid girl, probably around 13 asks, "If my dad has an STD does that mean I can get it too?" She was serious and there wasn't a snicker one in the room, these children had been sexually molested at least once in their young lives.

My prayers are that these politicians that do not have a clue what it is like in our world to have SOMETHING to touch their hearts and make them realize what is actually happening in the world. And it's not just the poverty stricken community that this is happening to. Rick Santorum scares the hell out of me.

Tomorrow is Easter and I pray that everyone makes an effort to go to church. I've been taking pictures with my camera the last couple of days, hope you enjoy my pic. Lamar is a mess.







3 comments:

  1. Great column tonight and glad your boys are going to church with you tomorrow...I will say over the last two days you have not posted your dinners you made and J and I always like that???Anyway, Happy Easter Glenda, to you and yours and I so appreciate your writings....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The average age that we Americans are living keeps increasing thus the politicians keep pushing the age of full social security and medicare further and further back. Since they don't have to "work" for a living they fail to realize that the "working" life of the body has not increased. Santorum and Romney both scare the hell out of me! Santorum has no use for women and has no problem admitting it publicly. Romney is so out of touch with reality that he thinks making 375,000 dollars in one year just from speaking engagements is, "Not very much money." SERIOUSLY??? That is more than 20 times what millions of Americans make annually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Paula, We had tenderloins cooked on the grill, with something Terry picked up that are called "Tater Rounds" that are like flat Tater Tots and hot buttered corn. Tomorrow's lunch, I'm not sure yet but will be a treat I am sure. I should have run to the grocery store but didn't. Bummer.

    ReplyDelete