This is a blog about my every day life. My dreams, my hopes and my past. The things in my life that makes me the person I am today. What makes me happy, sad and excited. This is it. If I say something that offends you, sorry. Start your own blog and say what you want, that's what I did.
My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON
Tuesday, April 3, 2012
I have been reading quite a little bit of stuff on eating right, exercise and such. Today at work they emailed us a plan to be ready for a 5K (3mile) walk/run in 7 weeks. I read it and thought to myself. That's do-able. It could be done but did I start doing anything tonight, no!!! I came home because I was so exhausted today I could barely get anything done. So do I plan to do something tomorrow? Yes, but do I put everything off until tomorrow?? Yes, because tomorrow never comes!!! It's always the next day. I will shock myself though and jump into the exercise regime before I know it because I really know how I roll.
I went to the grocery store this evening because we are out of everything here at the house. I have been thinking seriously about buying nothing but organic foods. Not only are they better for you as far as no chemicals used to help with production, they also help the local farmer out by buying his product and not buying from the mass producers. It's the ultimate "Buy American". It's healthier, keeping us away from the cancer causing effects of ingesting these chemicals and steroids that man has put into our food so they can match supply and demand. The only problem that made me jump back tonight was the cost. A cucumber at .59 or an organic cucumber for $1.29. I am going to shop around and see what I can't find. I may find a store that sells these items cheaper than Dillions aka Gerbes down here. Sometime this week I hope to make it to the Mama Jean's, a Natural Food Store down here in Springfield. I would go to the one in Independence quite often, Nature's pantry. I don't know what the answer is for this society and to keep us healthier but I am sure that three things will contribute to a healthier lifestyle. Exercise, lots of water drank and foods that are naturally grown. Of course limit your intake also. I love to garden and I love to can but since I am in two places during a week, gardening is tough. You need to be there to weed every night.
I really, really like the concept of Buying American made products and using Farmer's Markets and such to buy your produce. Keep it out of other countries, and yes Mexico and Canada is another country and no, Hawaii is one of us. Pineapple's from Hawaii are fine to buy. I remember one time I was working as a long distance operator for Sprint and this person calls me up and says he wants to make a call overseas. So I am sitting the call up for an international phone call and the idiot was calling Hawaii. I had to back all the way out of the call and set it up as a call within the United States. LOL. People.
Well, going to sign off but am going to leave you with a really cool picture I posted in Facebook tonight. There are so many inspirational things on there. Of course there are a lot of non inspirational things on there too but I never post anything negative and I stay completely away from politics. I do put some religious stuff on there but that is my prerogative.
Anyway....enjoy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Great blog Glenda. I did watch a documentary abt organic vs inorganic food products and the results were amazing, the inorganic products were healthier! That's what the documentary said anyway. I love the way you always have something going on....keep truckin'!
ReplyDelete