I don't know why I love the marquee look but it is so much fun. When I took the class at UMKC a couple years ago I was so pumped when all I had to do was type a few codes in and walla!!! There ya go!!! I am so easily entertained.
The saying is one they used today after a story on Sunday Morning. The story was on The Beach Boys and at the end of the segment the reporter said it. I thought it was so cool and hit so close to home that I put it on my Facebook page. It doesn't matter what has happened years ago, that is gone and there isn't anything anyone can do to change it. The only thing you can change is today so don't let your past eat you up. Let your present nourish you and make you a new and better person. Terry and I both live this as much as we can, we don't let our past interfere with our present time together. My past doesn't matter to Terry and visa verse.
A friend of mine gave me a lead on a really good book that goes with that quote. The book is "The Power of Now, A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment" by Eckhart Tolle. He shows readers how to recognize themselves as the creators of their own pain, and how to have a pain-free existence by living fully in the present. I know so many including myself that should read this book. Ordered it through Amazon and am looking forward to reading it. Was going to do AudioBook and may still since the paperback is $1.97.
Had my typical Sunday meal today. Roast, potatoes and carrots. Using my Dutch Oven, I floured, salted, peppered and browned the roast in canola oil. Put about a cup of water, 3 cloves of crushed garlic and half an onion over the top. Stuck it in the oven at about 350* and cooked it for about an hour and a half, put potatoes and carrots in there, finishing it off in maybe about an hour. It was really good. Josh came later and ate. I still can smell the food, Terry told me one thing about Sundays sure do make the house smell good. :o)
Hope everyone has a wonderful night and a splendid day tomorrow. Can't wait to get to Springfield this week. It's been a heck of a weekend up in these parts. Terry is coming down to be with us for a couple of days and it will be so good to have him down there.
I want to thank everyone that have given me such awesome feedback about reading my blog and tell me that it is the highlight of their evenings or mornings when I post stuff. It's nothing great, it is just my thoughts, ideas and things that happen in my life. I am going to be keeping on keeping on. Enjoy to the fullest friends!!! Sit down, have a cup of coffee and reflect. :o)


Excellent blog!
ReplyDelete