This is a blog about my every day life. My dreams, my hopes and my past. The things in my life that makes me the person I am today. What makes me happy, sad and excited. This is it. If I say something that offends you, sorry. Start your own blog and say what you want, that's what I did.
My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON
Wednesday, April 4, 2012
Tomorrow is Another Day
I was driving today for work and drove through some very rural areas along county roads and such. I bet I saw at least 20 turtles along the road. We always called them box turtles when I was growing up but I think the proper name would be tortoise's. I couldn't believe all of them running amock in the wild. Of course it could have been a suicide mission for them because I saw about as many squished ones on the road as I did the ones walking around. So with a warm day and dead squished tortoises you have nature's sanitation department flying around and cleaning up the debree....yes the buzzard. Turkey buzzard or what ever, it is a buzzard.
Speaking of turkey buzzards I did see two turkeys run across the road in front of me. I had to break to let them scurry by. They are a funny looking little creature also and oh so tasty when fixed on a platter. I even like wild turkey but not sure if it is turkey season or not now. It might be because it is in the spring time I know, along with in the fall. Right after the turkey's I saw a groundhog. Who knows what other wild animal I might have seen if I would have been just sitting still all day watching. There was some beautiful scenery and the flowers that are coming bloom now. There were yellow wild flowers along the road and also some pretty purple one's. I just love the country life.
My day wasn't very good when it came to people but with wildlife and nature it was outstanding. The person I talked to today told me to get off of his property and not come back. I couldn't get him to listen to me and he was constantly trying to rile me, but I wouldn't let him. He was very uneducated, back woods, mean man. It was in a small town of about 70 that I had to go to and couldn't find the house because there were no house numbers on them. Went to the post office and of course they knew exactly where I needed to go. It wasn't the man I needed to talk to, it was his wife. Sometimes I think I was talking over his head and I am pretty good at keeping the conversation at their level. Some days retirement isn't soon enough.
It was a nice drive home though and even nicer drive over there. I took a different route home because I get tired of going the same way all of the time. I loved it and it took me to my back door, the direction home I went. Oh well. Tomorrow is another day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nothing worse than trying to get through to a patient/ or significant other when they are in complete denial and/or from an older generation, hang in there, you know your job is important and you are right.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you were on a Missouri safari! Good luck girl! LOL....