My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Friday, April 20, 2012

Pictures Galore!!!

Remember when I posted a picture of a tree that is in our parking lot at work and I asked you guys if you knew what kind it was??? Well, my camera phone made it to little and so I had my real camera today and took a picture of them where you could see them. If anyone knows what kind of tree it is let me know. They are really cool, are in Springfield MO and we are in the 6B zone if that might help you.
The building I work in is the skyscraper looking one in the back. Just thought I'd throw that in. The parking garage I only use during ice, snow, extreme heat and torrential rains!!!
I also have the pictures of the Master Gardener banquet. I am so excited about that whole deal. The tables were beautiful. Wish I had of taken a picture of all the tables. A veteran Master Gardener adopted a table and could do anything they wanted in the decorations and set ups. They were so cool and next year I will take a picture of all the tables. My friend Sherry took the classes this year and this was like the awards banquet. Quite spectacular and fun, fun, fun. Made me feel good and I will have fun with Sherry in this organization!!! I've been a Master Gardener since 1999. Here ya go with the pictures.
I liked the earthy feel this herb table gave you. Terry calls me his country girl and you know what they say, you can take the girl out of the country but you can't take the country out of the girl.
Are those Iris' not absolutely beautiful!!! I loved the garden fairy's that this table had and the theme gave you such a soothing feeling. The tables had gifts for each guest. I can't remember what the gifts were at all the tables.
This one was my favorite. When you walked into the room this was the first table that you saw. It was just breathtaking!!!
This was the table that we sat at. It was so pretty. The gift we got was the little plants that you see sitting at each place sitting. It is Garden Cress and said it is good in salads and sandwiches. Also received a sweet basil plug. I can't wait to put them on my deck at my apartment. I also got a tomato plant as a door prize. I plan to try my luck on it too. I have never been lucky with tomato plants in containers but know some that have. Mine are usually to legging and don't produce good. Any suggestions, please let me know on that too.
Sherry's graduating class. There were 55 of them but I only wanted to get her. See the lady in front of me with the white blouse. From her left shoulder there is a lady with silver hair and a man sitting next to her. Sherry is the little spit fire you see standing behind them and between them. She is awesome. I had so much fun and am looking forward to my tenure with them. They are an awesome active organization.

Well, I was doing good with the diet and all and what does my husband do. Buys a half gallon of the sugar free chocolate ice cream that is so good and I had a huge bowl. I have GOT to loose weight this week. I have GOT to start moving because with eating correctly, exercise and drinking lots of water it can be done.

Didn't fix any supper tonight. This morning all I had to eat was a banana and a thing of Strawberry Activia. Never really got hungry and was coming home and was like, I'd better eat. I knew Terry had went with his friend today and they'd ate at their favorite quantity food place, Ryan's Buffet. So, I stopped at Sonic and had a grilled chicken wrap and a Route 44 Coke Zero so the calorie intake was pretty good so the ice cream was okay. TOMORROW, I am getting fresh fruits and veggies for us. LOL.

Well, not much more to write on. Tomorrow is going to be a full day though. It's okay and will be nice. Of course I may decide to just stay home and work with my plants and out in the yard. That sounds like fun too. Talk to you guys tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Glenda those are some breathtaking plants for sure. I am proud of you that you are a Master Gardener, I never even knew they had such a thing till you told me. You will do very well with them! Glad to report, since my potassium is up and my fluids are up, I am a new person..still tire easily but feel a damned site better, thank you for the prayers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whew. With this new layout behind the scenes I thought I have deleted your comment. Yes the flowers were breathtaking. University Missouri Extension Center has a program called Master Gardeners. You go through a few weeks training and then you do volunteer hours. They are 20 hours minimum but you can put in as many as you want. Some got awards for over 200 hours a year. Amazing.

      I am so glad you feel better and getting back to normal. I worry about you girl. :o)

      Delete