My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Monday, April 16, 2012

Must be Bi-Polar



Down one day, up another. And I take meds!!! Oh well, here ya go!!!

Can I say an amazing day??? Guess I did, didn't I??? It has been a wonderful day and so many blessings have been bestowed upon my life. Love it so much when that happens. Found out we are going to be able to go on another family vacation this year, a lot like last years. For those of you that don't know what I am talking about, last year the 4 of us went to Memphis and had a fan frigging tastic time!!! Stayed at a really nice cabin on a lake outside of Memphis and had so much fun. Made memories for all of us. This year we plan to do the same, it will either be in May or June, not sure which. I will keep you updated as plans progress to when and where. Hmmm. One of the many things I love to do to make you just keep lurking. You notice I stopped calling you stalkers. Stalkers is a harsh sounding word, I like lurkers better. I also don't like the wording stepson or step mom, I prefer bonus son and bonus mom. Has a nicer ring to it and makes me feel proud. I heard someone else call it that the other day and I was like, "Rock On"!!! Have to thank my buddy Craig for that term though, he was the one that introduced it to me and I believe credit should go to the source. :o)

Josh's lug nuts had fallen off of his front wheel on his truck this weekend and he was all worried about getting it fixed. We both were like, this will probably cost $500 or more to figure out what is going on with it. Who knows. He'd been working on the front wheel, fixing it when the tie rods broke. He went and talked to a buddy of his that is a really well liked mechanic in our area and Chris told him it was probably just his lug nuts, he told him that you should tighten them like every 100 miles. That doesn't sound like much fun to me but whatever. Anyway, he put new lugs on (because he'd lost the others) and the fix is fixed, not costing him a dime. He had all the parts already. He said he felt like a doom ass because he knew that and I told him that was okay. We all forget stuff sometimes and are like, CRAP!!! I knew that. How many times have I done that??? I told him that this is something he will never forget and will always remember.

I have been nauseated all day though and not sure why. Terry was sick last night so I made him homemade chicken and noodles today and that is what we had for supper. We both feel a lot better. Whoops, better tell John and Paula how I made it. I had some bone chicken breasts I had bought and Terry fileted them for me one day so we could have chicken strips. There was a lot of meat left on the bones so I froze them and said I would make chicken and noodles sometime. I boiled the chicken this morning, removed it out of the broth and removed the meat off the bone. While I was doing that the broth was boiling and I poured in a bag of Reames Frozen Noodles, stirring to loosen them while they boiled and I was de-boning the chicken. As I was tossing the chicken into the broth and noodles I made a rue with butter and flour. What is a rue you ask??? It is equal amounts of butter and flour that you saute in a saucepan. I used 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup of flour. I put a little bit in to thicken up the broth. Then I poured milk into the chicken and noodles along with adding the rue, it was delish!!! Terry ran to the grocery store and bought some mashed potatoes from the deli people that was really good too. A little high but at least I didn't have to make them, I still didn't feel good. I feel a little rough now but nothing like earlier today.

I started my ancestry stuff again. I had an account with Ancestry.com back when I did it before and had lost it. I talked to my friend Becky, who is into it BIG TIME, told me she bit the bullet and joined and keeps all her family tree stuff in there. That way you never, ever loose it. I was so excited and finally did it today. They have a 14 day free trial time with it right now and then it's pretty cheap to join, anyway cheaper then working on it hard for 2-3 years and then the computer crash, getting your backup disc to read the info you'd backed up and nothing. Grrrr. Anyway I am really, really excited. Was looking at the site this evening before I started this and am pumped. Yes, one more thing I am into. I can't wait to retire so I can work on this stuff all the time. I would love to work in a Genealogy Library. LOL. Another dream..

Well, this weekend I hope to go to Lee's Summit to Longview and see the Flights of Fancy festival. What is that you ask??? Well, it is sponsored by the Kansas City Kite Club (KCKC) and it is fabulous. That is the club I am wanting to join and would love to become a part of, along with my friend Laurie. I know, my life evolves around my friends and my family. Doesn't make me a bad person at all, just a people person. LOL. Don't worry, my life is by far a perfect one, if I wrote all my woes you wouldn't follow me and read this. That's why some nights it's pretty tough to write at least two paragraphs let alone one. Anyway, I have always loved to fly kites and love to watch them fly so there ya go. Like hot air balloons to a lot but don't want to ride in one, just like watching them. One of these days I am going to go to Albuquerque, New Mexico to their hot air balloon festival. That may be another family vacation.


I didn't have to go down to Springfield today but will tomorrow. I have a couple of cases to run up here and another one on the way down there. Brandon called to check on me and I told him I wouldn't be down there until tomorrow. He goes, "and were you not going to tell me." I had been running Josh around today so he could get his truck fixed and had forgotten. That's the way I roll and I don't mean for it to roll that way at times, it just does.

Guess I'll get off here. Royals are playing the Tigers tonight. Score is tied 1-1 but Detroit has their pitcher Justin Verlander (Taco Bell commercial guy), the best of the league pitching tonight so Terry said it's scary. We are on at the top of the 5th though, so that's good. Cleveland wasn't good. They spanked us, ooo Detroit just brought 2 more in so now it's 3-1. Dang it. Oh well, still like the Royals no matter what but always have. When I was married to Josh's dad was when we won the World Series and he was as avid a Royals fan as Terry is. My dad loved baseball too but we listened to the Kansas City A's. I have a bat from bat day from the A's game. Pretty cool.

Well, going to get off here. I've wrote a book and really don't like writing this much. Sorry everyone. I will talk to you guys tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Well thank you Glenda for posting your activites..don't you hate it when you forget stuff you know...shitola! Your chicken and noodles sound good. went to er today and got potassium bec mine had fallen to low and got nausea medicine. and iv fluids. hope to feel better soon, lost 12 lbs with this...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my Paula. I am so sorry about all this and wish you lived closer, I'd send off a bunch for you and John both. I still am so sorry you are going through all this. I pray this will get you better. Nerves play havoc on our body and I know this is just everything you are dealing with. Prayers to you guys and YES, I hate it when I forget stuff. Ticks me off!!!

      Delete