For those of you that are not on FaceBook this comment won't make any sense to you at all but for those followers that comment, like and just plain downright surprise the heck out of me that they are following this thing, I won't be able to post unless I do it right now. I have a Master's Gardener's Banquet (remember???) that I am going to tonight and probably won't get home until around 9ish. Maybe, not sure. It may be earlier. Anyway, here I am.
Got in trouble because I didn't post how I fix my baked fish and scalloped potatoes. Well, I have to recipe, I just throw it together. There are two ways I love making my potatoes and the first is how I do it the most. Butter the baking dish which is my square one. Put a layer of raw potatoes, salt and pepper, about 6 pats of butter, sliced onion and then maybe 1/4 cup of flour and a lot of times just half or a 1/4 cup,then either 4 slices of cheese or Velveeta. Used both last night because I needed to get rid of some of the sliced cheese that was in the fridge. Repeat layers and I usually only make 2 layers. Used maybe 4 taters. Pour milk to about 1/2 way up the pan. Put in a 350* oven uncovered and bake for maybe an hour. Depends but usually shoot for an hour. I let it sit for about 5 minutes or so before I serve it.
The other way is parboil the sliced taters, do a cheese cream sauce on the stove by doing the rue first with equal amounts of butter and flour, then pour in milk and chunk up some cheese in it and pour it over the potatoes in the baking dish. Doesn't take as long but seems to me like a lot more work. I'm lazy and the other recipe is how my mama cooked them and Josh loves them like that.
Then the fish. I lay the filets out on a cookie sheet and put about 3 pats of butter on top of them and put salt and pepper on them. Put them in the oven about 15 minutes if frozen, shorter if not. I just test it until the fish flakes off by the fork. People over bake fish and it is so nasty that way. I love for my fish not to taste like fish and this works. Brandon loves my fish. We had Swai last night but last week I cooked fresh Alaskan Salmon. God it was good!!! I like to buy it on sale fresh when I can and I do. Yummy, yum, yum. Thanks now I'm hungry. LOL.
Welp, gotta go. If I get back in time I'll write more. Later.
Well happy to report that I feel 100x better and am still very weak but am now able to keep my food down and no more diarrhea so far. The dr. said if I would not have gone to the er yd then he would have put me in the hospital and gosh knows I hate that. Made a wonderful dinner myself tonite. Make smothered round steak with new red potatoes just thrown in with the meat and gravy and made nibblets corn and to top it off, I made a yellow cake mix for JJ and he loves it without icing, so without icing it was! Have a great time at your meeting and get enthused!!!!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that you are feeling better and able to even go to the grocery store. Don't over do it though girl, take care of yourself. Now, you are going to have to tell me how you make your smothered round steak with new red potatoes. Yum. That sounds fabulous. I am like JJ, I don't care to much for icing. Would rather have mine without also. Loved my meeting and loved the people I met.
Delete