My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Saturday, April 14, 2012

As promised.


This is the baby blanket that I am working on. I'm almost done and when I finish I will post the finished product. I'm really proud of it and it is going to look outstanding.


Close up shot of it.


It's called Swedish Weaving but in the 70's and before they called it Huck Embroidery. The needle that I use is called a bodkin. I plan to finish up a couple other afghans that I have started because there are a few other babies in the mist, but of course what am I saying....there's always a baby in the mist!!! LOL.

Well, I said I would post some pics tonight so there you go. I've gotten quite a little bit done and hope to get more done tonight and tomorrow. I love weaving because it is a calming activity for me when I am stressed. Plus makes fabulous gifts to give away.

I was reading a little bit today in a book I bought on blogging and it said that your followers of blogs are special people. Facebook is instant and open for everyone to read that are your friends but your followers in blogs have to take time out of their days to actually open up your blog and read it. Sometimes this takes like 5-10 minutes out of their day. Maybe I need to make my subjects a little more interesting for you guys. LOL.

Didn't do much today but then when I think about it, I did quite a little bit. Last couple of mornings I have made oatmeal for breakfast and put frozen blueberries in and sprinkled the top with sweetener. Man it has been good. Ate all my blueberries today so will have to run to the store and get a bag. The one's I was using were fresh I had gotten last year and froze them. Love, love, love blueberries.

Josh and I went and got our new phones. We got the iPhone's and it is going to take me a little time but I will get the hang of it. Really do like it and it does a lot better than my last one. I had baptized it right after I got it a couple years ago. Terry told me to keep this one away from the bathroom. LOL. Thanks Terry!!!

I'm going to end this with some pictures I took today outside of my plants. I love that Spring time.


I am going to have to get out there and thin these puppies out and get the weeds out of them. I love iris's. Reminds me of Grandma Thompson's flowers when I was a little girl.


Also reminds me of Dimple Snyder's yard. Her husband and my daddy were first cousin and they lived across the creek from us. I spent A LOT of time over at Flay and Dimple's as a little girl. Such a sweet fragrance.


Roses are budded out to with a few blooms.


This pot of chives has been a part of my life for like 10 years. It is full of blooms also and I will post when it actually blooms. So beautiful and yes, that is poison ivy spilling out the side. I have tried pulling it and can't get the roots. Plant is to big to pour out and separate the roots so I can get the entire poison ivy plant out.


Planted 4 Hostas last year under the oak tree in the front yard. 2 made it and 2 didn't. This one really fared well.


The other survivor.


Bless their hearts. I have big plans and hopefully can get them done this year or at least started. Love my plants, can't wait to take my inside one's outside. Gotta wait until Mother's Day though.

Didn't make supper tonight, we went out to eat and had our Grilled Tenderloins at Donna's Diner. Was going to cook ribs but think I will stick them in the crock pot for tomorrow and maybe stick a tenderloin in their too. Not sure but will let you guys know.

Well, this is all I'm posting tonight. I will talk to you guys tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. "Maybe I need to make my subjects a little more interesting for you guys." I believe the "subject" Paula and I are most interested in reading about is the one writing the blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your funny. I thought you were going to say the subject you and Paula were most interested in is what I'm eating. LOL

      Delete
  2. Well, and that too! LOL

    ReplyDelete