Third night in the roll. I'm doing pretty good, wasn't sure if I would even make it this long. Of course I have always loved journaling but haven't done it like forever. I use to love to write but life made it to busy for me when I was raising my son and working, plus going to college that I had given it up. Maybe I will start all of it back up.
When I put this title on here I was like, maybe I should title my entries but then again it took me a while to figure out a title for my blog and then all of a sudden it was like, yeah that's it!!! I will write about the joys in my life and random thoughts that come into my head. Might just title short stories or something that I write. That would be cool!!! This blogging stuff may turn out to be alot of fun.
Another beautiful day!!! Of course that reminds me of a comment I have heard most of my life from various sources. As long as both feet hit the floor in the morning, it's a good day!!! Ain't that the truth!! The temperatures the last two days have been great too though, day and evening. I think it has been in the 70's the last two days. I do so love Autumn in Missouri though. Even though my allergies plays havoc on me, I still love it!!!
Went to church this morning. I'm here to tell you guys, if you are looking for a church home and haven't been able to find one, give me a hollar. I can hook you up!!! I go to Freedom Point Church in Garden City, MO. It is a non-denominational church and Mike Bates is our preacher. He is awesome and does a WONDERFUL job delivering the message to us. I absolutely love it and am so glad I started going there. I have been going like 3 1/2, maybe 4 years and have seen us grow into the best church I've ever been to my entire life!!! I started going like 6 months or so after they started up.
With that said I am going to try and read a book and study the bible while I read it. The book is "Women of the Bible, The Life and Times of Every Woman in the Bible." I've read part of it in the past but plan to read and study it in depth. I have been to a couple of bible studies where we studied Miriam and another one where we studied Rahab. A couple of totally awesome ladies. Miriam, I really liked. She was Moses' sister and after they walked through the parted sea she whips out the tamborine and danced and sang. I had someone tell me one time that this "new" Christian music is terrible!!! Churches need to sing the old traditional music. I said, Christian music has not always been what YOU grew up with. I brought up Miriam and I said, I am sure she didn't sing Rock of Ages or the Old Rugged Cross. He goes, yeah but that was the Old Testament. Nothing in the Old Testament is what we apply our lives to now. I go, cool so you are saying homosexuality is okay!!! Needless to say, he didn't talk to me any more about music in the church!!! :o) Probably thought I was an idiot but that's okay. Idiot in some eyes, scholar in others!!!
There are some good movies coming up this season. The previews I can think of so far that I would like to see are Jack and Jill, Tower Heist, Sherlock Holmes a game of shadows and I really, really want to see J. Edgar. Leonardo DiCapprio is a really good actor. The last movie I saw him in that I TOTALLY loved was Shutter Island. The J. Edgar Hoover movie is produced by Clint Eastwood. It should be a good one!!!
My son came by today and we had a weekly Sunday lunch. Terry loves having those and Josh loves them too. I enjoy having them as well. Terry's Josh and his fiance' Jen came by for a little bit. I really, really like her. She is awesome and is so stable. Lived in the same place for 10 years, has been at the same job for that long too. Stablility has a lot to offer in this world today. Josh seems very happy too. Which is good.
Well, watched the Chiefs beat the Raiders today. Then went out to weekly Sunday evening Dairy Queen Blizzard and a ride around town. Now am home watching the World Series. Rangers against the Cardinals. It has been a really good Series games. Cardinals player Albert Pujols is something else. Terry tells me he is from Fort Osage. He is a awesome player.
Well, I am going to sign off and will write more tomorrow. Later Gators!!!
I really like your "Idiot in some eyes, Scholar in others." Don't know if that is an original of yours or not but don't think I have heard it before. Paula and I are looking forward to seeing Jack and Jill, Tower Heist and J. Edgar. Clint Eastwood movies are good whether he is in them or directing them. Another nice blog!
ReplyDeleteYour blog is interesting to read. I enjoy it. Please keep it up.
ReplyDeleteHey John. The idiot in some eyes, scholar in others is an original. Just thought of that one while I was writing. My favorite quote of my mom's is "Well, that's one man's opinioon."
ReplyDelete