My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

October 26, 2011

Well, I have made it to the apartment in Springfield.  I was figuring it up in my head and I have driven close to 700 miles since Monday.  No wonder I am so tired.  I wouldn't be surprised if I don't head to bed when I finish this blog!!!  I'm getting old, nothing use to bother me and now I can't wait for my Sunday afternoon naps or going to bed during the week around 9pm. 

I found out today what the burning of the fields yesterday down around Sikeston was all about.  They have harvested the rice fields already and when they harvest the rice they leave the stalks up about a foot tall, maybe taller.  They are burning those off so they can use that field to plant winter wheat.  I thought that was pretty cool.  My supervisor is a couple years older than I am and grew up in Cruthersville MO, she said when she was younger it was a big thing when the farmers would burn the fields off.  The towns people would load up in pickup trucks, go to the fields and roast hot dogs and marshmellows and just tailgate all night long until the fields were burnt.  She said people would sit along the side of fields in lawn chairs and just watch.  I can associate a little because I love to watch a fire burn.  I love to be involved with a brush pile and catching it on fire.  Got a little pyro blood in me.  LOL. 

I drove back to Springfield from Poplar Bluff on highway 60 and that takes you into the Mark Twain National Forest.  It was so pretty.  I got some pictures and all but am too tired tonight to download them, let alone try to figure out how to post them.  I will probably do that this weekend.  It took me about 3 1/2 hours to drive from Poplar to Springfield and the training was over at 3.  I thought about pulling off and seeing if I could get some awesome pictures but it was raining and since it is getting darker earlier I wanted to get home.  Plus the deer are moving right now and are in rut.  I didn't want to drive in the evening and have a deer run in front of me and I hit it.  They say they move the most from 4-7 in the evening and then early morning.  It's a bummer when you hit a deer.  To say the least!!!

Two more trainings to conduct and then we are done.  I will do mine in Springfield and Joplin.  Kurry, the coworker I helped, is coming over here to help me too.  I enjoyed doing it but will be glad when this is all over.  Mine are Nov. 8 & 9. 

Well, I am taking Friday off so tomorrow night I will be in Harrisonville.  Yeahhhh!!!  It will be nice, to say the least.  My husband Terry and I have a Yorkie and he is always so happy to see me.  Hardly gets out of my arms and when I set in my chair just snuggles and sleeps on me.  He is a total mess, spoiled to the core.  His name is Lamar and he has personality plus and then some.  LOL. 

I am getting ready to get back into my geneology.  I had done alot of research a few years ago on my mom and dad's families and my computer crashed.  Some stuff I had copied but lost alot.  I am going to get it all together again and get everything organized.  My cousin Carol and I are going to write a book about our mom's with the information we get.  Something for families to come.  I love doing that stuff. 

Well, this is the end of this day.  I will talk to you guys tomorrow.  Hope you guys have a wonderful evening and day tomorrow.  Peace, Love and Tranquility!!!  :o)

1 comment:

  1. Growing up in LC one of the most exciting things was when the town siren would go off and it was noon. Clyde Keith would arrive at City Hall (also the fire station) to drive the fire truck and several men would show up to volunteer with fighting the fire. A crowd would gather to watch and if more help was needed some of the men in the crowd would step in to help out.

    ReplyDelete