I was getting ready to post the date in the title tonight and wrote August 28, 2011. Where did that one come from??? LOL. It's a Friday night and has been chilly today but nice and sunshiny (if that is even a word) Has been in my vocabulary for about 55 years.
We are watching Game 7 of the World Series. I have always liked baseball but my husband LOVES it so I feel alot more connected with the players now. David Freese and Albert Puljols. Wow!!! Those are some awesome Cardinal Players. Last night game was a real nail biter to say the least. No matter who wins tonight, these two teams have played some wonderful baseball!!!
I am still very new on this blogging stuff. I have been trying to post more pictures and links on the page and it won't let me. Not sure what I am doing wrong but will find out. I see some great things out there to post. I have gotten positive feedback from everyone and they seem to enjoy reading what I posts. One friend told me they sound just like me and if she was posting it probably would be nothing but negative stuff. I'm like, but no one would read them if they were negative. Plus like my Facebook account, this is suppose to be fun!!! Another friend of mine said something today that was so funny. I said I would like to learn to quilt and she told me I didn't have time, I'm blogging now. LOL. She said I'm wearing her out. :o)
I went today to a retirement celebration for Joan Diaz, a co-worker from another Bureau I worked for within the State. It was so nice and I am so happy for her. Joan has alot of love in her heart for children. She would give Josh different little gifts as he was growing up and I was working with her. Little things like pencils with his name on them, cookies and treats at Christmas. Just little tokens that he remembers to this day. While there we were talking about another coworker that was a good friend and I now have contact information for her. It's Barb Renfro. I really, really liked Barb. Her and her husband moved to Washington State and I hope to see her when I go out there next year to visit my cousin Carol. I am really, really looking forward to that trip!!!
I'm not sure if I told you guys last night but I have an opportunity to go to Women of Faith conference next weekend in Kansas City. It's going to be so good and I am so excited. You will have to check into it, just google Women of Faith and it will pull up. Mandesa is one of my favorite Christian singers and get to go and hear her!!! Cool.
Well, Halloween is just around the corner and I CANNOT believe that the year is almost over. It does go fast. One time I was at a bible study quite a few years ago and I said something about how the years zip right by. A little lady, her name was Bonnie Green and she is gone now, reached over and patted my hand saying, "You haven't seen anything yet Glenda"!!! You know what, she's right!!! I think every year they go by faster and faster!!!
Top of the 5th and St Louis is ahead 3-2. Think I will post this and get back to the game. I missed the last run because last I looked we were tied 2-2.
I love you all and if nothing else I feel this keeps me connected with you. Sometimes I feel like Doogie Howser when he is setting at his computer the end of the show and journaling. LOL.
See you guys tomorrow night. Evening is when I post these while I am watching tv with my husband!!!
Well, if something has been in your vocabulary for 55 years then it must be a word. Also you must have started talking really early since you JUST turned 55. :)
ReplyDeleteVery interesting post Glenda and I so enjoy reading them. I haven't learned how to put pics on my blog yet but I did steal your idea of blogging and I do love it! Learning how to quilt sounds really neat. Bless you and yours....
ReplyDelete